Setting up Restrictions for Who Can Join a Package
After completing this lesson you should be able to:
- Set one or more restrictions onto a package specifying who can join it.
You can restrict the sale of a package in LeisurePoint based on any of the following criteria:
- Individual Only
- Corporate Only
- Associate Only
This allows you to have a wider variety of tailored packages, for example specific corporate rates or a package available to under 18's. With these restrictions in place, a user cannot sell the package to a member not meeting the criteria.
Setting up joining restrictions
The Entry Rules tab can be accessed on the Membership Packages Administration window. This windows is visible when creating a new package or editing an existng package.
Individual/Corporate - Click the radio button to select the appropriate rule. The default is for no restrictions.
- No Restrictions - The package can be sold to individuals or organisations.
- Organisation Only - The package can only be sold to a member who is on an organisation with an active benefit and not to an individual member.
- Personal Only - The package can only be sold to an individual member.
Primary/Associate - Click the radio button to select the appropriate rule. The default is for no restrictions.
- No Restrictions - The package can be sold to both Primary members and Associates.
- Associates Only - The package can only be sold to people who are connected to an existing Primary member, i.e. a person wanting to join as an individual member cannot join an Associate Only package. If the member wanted to split from the Primary member it would not be possible to remain on this package unless they are linked to another Primary member. An example of an associate only package could be a "Child" package, where anyone on this has to be associated to an adult primary member
Gender - Click the radio button to select the appropriate rule. The default is for no restrictions.
- No Restrictions - The package can be sold to both men and women, or where the gender is unknown.
- Men Only - Only contacts with the gender set to male can join the package.
- Women Only - Only contacts with the gender set to female can join the package.
Note: If you are using gender rules you may need to make gender a compulsory field in the member WebClient.
Age - Packages can be restricted to contacts with a minimum or maximum age. For example, a junior package rule might only be eligible for children between the ages of 6 and 16, a seniors package may be for over 50's only and so on. Once minimum and maximum ages have been entered, the package will be available in the joining wizard only to contacts who meet the age criteria for the package. Any member already on the package who subsequently does not meet age restrictions (for example when children get to old for a junior package), will be expired at the next renewal.
Tip: Set date of birth as a compulsory field to ensure age-restricted packages will work.
In your monthly activities, ensure you run a report for people expiring due to age changes and contact them before they expire.
Once you have set the required restrictions press OK to confirm. The package is now limited to only those members meeting your specified criteria.